So, today while looking for my new blog topic, I came across a specific section which will most likely be the mission and vision of any company. It’s like taking a sudden decision to change your lifestyle and then making efforts to stick by it. On a daily basis, I keep receiving multiple queries from people, asking on the kind of workout they should adhere by. They as about CrossFit or 3 sets of 5 reps each, heavy Popeye lifting, HIIT’S, LIIT’S etc. Honestly, I feel happy to know that people are taking matter into their own hands, but somewhere my business is getting doomed. Just kidding!
As I mentioned, that somewhere it takes precisely 21 days to break a habit. If we can stick with our new routine for 21 days, we’ll more likely stay with it in the long term. But before I talk about the habit, I would like to draw your attention to the vision and mission of the subject. It is very important to keep these 5 things in mind before you draw your plan. It will keep you focused.
- Identification of goal – Wouldn’t it be easier if you narrow down your needs? Like, I want to lose fat and want to fit in my old jeans or I want to bulk up and scare the people away or I want to build muscle mass and impress pretty ladies. Or it simply can be your want to be healthy, happy and look good naked. It feels sad to people trying to lose weight by jumping from one program to another and getting no results. I know gym can be intimidating but you’ll pull it off once you figure out your goal.
- Nutrition is 90% percent of the equation – I shit you not. The bravest. The toughest. The hardest of all. When your goal is to lose fat than how you need to keep a check on your food consumption or you’ll be responsible for your failure. You just can’t run away from it. So, tattoo it on your forehead, write it on the sky or do whatever but internalize this concept.
- Mobility – Fitness is not that difficult as it looks. Do what make you happy. Hiking, swimming, Zumba, taekwondo, parkour etc. But what is important to keep in mind is bringing mobility in your body. Making your body understand that you’re into it now and ready to shed those extra pounds.
- Defensive Skills and Endurance – The fourth stage is when you start enjoying your workout and it starts to feel little easy as compared to the first day. All thanks to the first week of mobility. This is where you work on your defensive or endurance skills so that you can upgrade your fourth stage to the fifth stage.
- Strength Training – Anybody in the house, especially ladies who feel they’ll get bulky. Trust me, it doesn’t work that way. When you do strength training, you burn extra calories to rebuild muscles. Half an hour strength training is 1000 times better than your 30 minutes of jogging on treadmill. It will improve your posture and your efficiency in any activity you took as an exercise.
IDENTIFY. IMPROVISE.ADEPT. OVERCOME.HUSTLE UP.
This post was brought to you by Surin Sengar, the author of the Fitlete Blog. If you wish to read more articles like this, please visit Surin’s blog on fitleteblog.wordpress.com