Some time ago I was nominated by Sumeet, the author of Writing My Heart Out. If you don’t know him yet, I strongly recommend a visit to his blog. He is not only one of the kindest souls I have met in the blogging community, but also someone who writes from and about matters of the heart. It was a great honour to be awarded and nominated by him. Now it’s my time to pay it forward! I will first answer to the eleven questions that Sumeet asked me and then nominate eleven bloggers who I would like to give this award to.
1. What are your insecurities and how do you deal with them?
I used to have so many and now I’m struggling to find one. I have worked very hard to overcome my insecurities, because I used to be very co-dependent. I used to seek external validation whenever I needed to make a hard decision or put myself first. Thankfully, I have done a lot of mirror and shadow work over the last six months. I would say I still need to ask what people who matter to me think about my decisions, but I’m consciously working to overcome even that need. Another insecurity I have is not feeling comfortable with exposing my body in public! I think this year (2019) I’m definitely not beach ready but I no longer torture myself about it.
2. What’s the best advice about life you’ve received?
This one is hard to answer because I’m usually the one who is always giving advice. So I will say that the best advice I have received is probably that asking for help is not a sign of weakness. If you give, you can also ask and receive. Actually, that’s how it should be.
3. What makes you proud of yourself?
Probably the fact that I gained the courage to stop living a life that wasn’t good for me and that I’m now transitioning and designing the life I want for myself. That was much harder than moving to a foreign country with only one cabin luggage.
4. When was the last time you helped someone?
Probably 1h ago.
5. What are top rules of your life?
Hum… Don’t stay in situations that are unhealthy or toxic and don’t let anyone discourage you.
6. Name your favourite books
My favourite books are The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I don’t mind re-read them.
7. What advice you’d give to someone going through a tough phase?
I would probably say that I know it sucks but everything happens for a bigger reason. It may take us some time to understand it in the moment, but that’s the way of life and the universe always knows what’s best for us.
8. What is your strength?
Probably the fact that I’m a dreamer. Creativity is always flowing.
9. List your favourite movies.
I would say Patch Adams, Into the Wild, Pay It Forward, Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Shutter Island Iron Jawed Angels.
10. Suggest me some topics to write in the future.
I would like to know more about your writing process, what inspires you to write, and where do you see yourself in 5 years from now.
- Eilidh Horder
- Emma – Relaxing Lavender
- Moushmi Radhanpara – Aesthetic Miradh
- Michelle – Blessings By Me
- Brie & The Onyxx – The Soapbox Arcade
- Sunny Larue
- Roger – Mind and Body
- Alyssa – The Sacred Space
- Rachel – The Darling Dog Mom
- Ray – The Ray Journey
- Nova – Nova’s Namaste 365 Online
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or on your post.
- What job did you want to have when you were a kid?
- List 5 things that bring you happiness.
- What is your favourite topic to blog about?
- What’s your favourite food?
- When did you start blogging?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you could have a mythical creature as a companion, what would it be?
- What’s your blogging ritual like?
- What was your childhood’s nickname?
- What’s your most important value?
- If you could go on a mission around the world, what would it be about?