“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade” is a famous proverbial phrase used to promote optimism and a positive can-do attitude in the face of adversity or misfortune. Similarly, in the field of exercise/workout – “when life gives you fruits and vegetables, make smoothies” is a phrase used for happiness and result oriented body. We have certain goals in mind when we step in the gym. Some people desire for a flat stomach while some want 6 pack abs. Again, some people just want to socialize and some to strengthen their bodies. This one is the cure for all these problems. To be honest, getting those bricks or losing a couple of pounds is not as easy as it looks. One needs a certain level of dedication and self-motivation both inside and outside the gym premises.
Today I won’t scribble about the muscle size, posture, or any of the training exercises. But rather will share something which will help you to stay on your toes and help you being positive throughout the day. The solution is not some magic pill or powder but the healthy smoothies which can help you to feel full and eat less than your usual. And, honestly, it can also prevent you from putting on weight.
But that’s not sufficient. Below mentioned are some of the things, I observed while preparing my own healthy smoothies. Not to forget that these smoothies helped me stay full in odd hours of the day. And by odd hours I refer to sleep eating or munching while sitting at the office desk.
Also, after reading this, I think you’ll be convinced that inculcating the habit of preparing healthy smoothies on a regular basis is an excellent investment of your time and money.
- Quick and Easy – It’s not a herculean task to make a smoothie. All you have to do is to get your weekly or daily allowance of fruits and vegetables, a blender and The milk can be soy milk, rice milk or almond milk. It doesn’t take as long as making your other meals. Just a matter of 3-4 minutes.
- Fat burner – It might be surprising but smoothies are an effortless way to burn fat. With the little tweaks like the addition of berries (fat burning fruit) and plain nonfat yoghurt, you can make a tasty and nutrient-rich protein. This is because of flavonoids, which has been shown in studies to be one of the keys for not putting on weight. It is even believed that blueberries can actually stop fat cells from developing.
What are flavonoids?
Flavonoids are naturally occurring bioactive compounds that represent a constituent of fruits and vegetables, beyond calorie and macronutrient content, that could potentially influence body weight.
- Better Digestion – Nobody wants to experience constipation or indigestion. Let your blender “chew” your food and ease the burden on your digestive system while you simultaneously consume plenty of dietary fibre to ensure excellent digestion.
- Stay hydrated – I took a poll in which I observed that 73% of people do not drink more than 6-8 glasses of water every day, a reason they feel dull and tired. Stay hydrated and full of smoothies because lots of fruits and vegetables are quite rich in water.
- Reduces Cravings and energy empowerment – Smoothies supplies your body with the right amount of nutrients and vitamins. It helps you stay fuller for a longer time. As a result, you don’t crave for munchies.
- Boosts your immunity system and helps you in getting a better sleep – Fruits and vegetables are a great source of antioxidants, which scale up your immune system and results in better sleep at night.
This is just the tip of the benefits you can reap out of smoothies. Personally, this habit has exceedingly helped me on my own journey to better health. To know more on this or to clarify your doubts, drop me a line in the comment section. Feel free to even tell me about your suggestions. Hustle up!