- A short video to update you all about what’s happening in my life and what’s coming up next!
I have been listening to a lot of episodes from The Life Coach School Podcast, created by Brooke Castillo and which talks about entrepreneurship, coaching, and Positive Psychology. There was one particular episode that really hit my brain and heart. It was an episode about grit, our ability to persevere and work towards a specific goal while also keeping our passion alive.Continue reading “Grit Is What It Takes To Make Dreams Come True”
The first day of the Wellbeing Challenge on Instagram is dedicated to… drinking more water!
View this post on Instagram
✨10-Day Wellbeing Challenge✨ Day 1: Drink More Water 💧We are not always aware of it, but water is one of the main ingredients to optimal health. It keeps us hydrated, it regulates our body temperature, and it is also responsible for the transport of nutrients and other substances. Most of us don’t drink the enough amount of water, so make sure you’re having at least 2l of water daily 🍶 You will find a practical exercise to track your water consumption during the day on my wellbeing workbook – download it for free at any time at thewellbeingblogger.com or follow the #linkinbio @thewellbeingblogger 👆 . . #wellbeing #instagramchallenge #wellness #water #health #habits #healthylifestyle #wellbeingblogger #wellnessblogger #coaching #healthyliving #instablogger #portuguesebloggers
We were all taught in school that our body is made of 70% water, and that it is important to stay hydrated. However, many of us dismiss this healthy habit blatantly. My father usually jokes and calls me a camel, because I never drink much water or can spend a long time without a sip.
To be totally honest with you, that joke is still applicable, except when I get focused – really, really focused – on taking care of myself. I believe this can be your case too, so between you and me we have to admit that we do need to take better care of ourselves on a daily basis, not just when things start going wrong.
I have three favourite tricks to get more water into my body, so I thought it could be useful to share them with you here. I’m sure you’re going to laugh about the first one, but I promise you… it works!
1. Have a Glass of Water After Every Time You Pee
Some people will probably find inappropriate to talk about pee, but it’s a very human activity, and I prefer to go literal here instead of using “restroom break” – sorry not sorry. I started to do this unconsciously, so I can’t really tell you when or how this habit kicked-in. All I know is that every time I pee, I now drink at least a glass of water afterwards. If you don’t do this already, give it a try – after a while the body will ask you to do it in an automatic way.
2. Carry a Big Bottle With You Wherever You Go
Whenever I do this one, I can assure you I drink more water. The bigger the bottle, the better, because that way we can be sure we won’t miss it. Also take it with you wherever you go and always place it near you. If you work at a desk, make sure it stands right under your nose! Even if you’re not thirsty, seeing the bottle there will remind you of your goal and make you drink more often.
3. Add Some Flavour To It
Many people have told me that one of the biggest barriers to drink more water is the way it tastes. We can work around this by adding some nice flavours to it. You can add fruits, mint, or even tea. One of my favourite ways of doing flavoured water at home is mixing green tea with lemon and ginger. You can be as much creative as you want and explore different options – I am sure you will find your own favourite mix and start increasing your water intake.
What’s your favourite way of drinking water? Let us know in the comments box. 😉
If you are interested in the 10-day Wellbeing Challenge on Instagram, you can still join in and download my Wellbeing workbook for free.
So, today while looking for my new blog topic, I came across a specific section which will most likely be the mission and vision of any company. It’s like taking a sudden decision to change your lifestyle and then making efforts to stick by it. On a daily basis, I keep receiving multiple queries from people, asking on the kind of workout they should adhere by. They as about CrossFit or 3 sets of 5 reps each, heavy Popeye lifting, HIIT’S, LIIT’S etc. Honestly, I feel happy to know that people are taking matter into their own hands, but somewhere my business is getting doomed. Just kidding!
As I mentioned, that somewhere it takes precisely 21 days to break a habit. If we can stick with our new routine for 21 days, we’ll more likely stay with it in the long term. But before I talk about the habit, I would like to draw your attention to the vision and mission of the subject. It is very important to keep these 5 things in mind before you draw your plan. It will keep you focused.
- Identification of goal – Wouldn’t it be easier if you narrow down your needs? Like, I want to lose fat and want to fit in my old jeans or I want to bulk up and scare the people away or I want to build muscle mass and impress pretty ladies. Or it simply can be your want to be healthy, happy and look good naked. It feels sad to people trying to lose weight by jumping from one program to another and getting no results. I know gym can be intimidating but you’ll pull it off once you figure out your goal.
- Nutrition is 90% percent of the equation – I shit you not. The bravest. The toughest. The hardest of all. When your goal is to lose fat than how you need to keep a check on your food consumption or you’ll be responsible for your failure. You just can’t run away from it. So, tattoo it on your forehead, write it on the sky or do whatever but internalize this concept.
- Mobility – Fitness is not that difficult as it looks. Do what make you happy. Hiking, swimming, Zumba, taekwondo, parkour etc. But what is important to keep in mind is bringing mobility in your body. Making your body understand that you’re into it now and ready to shed those extra pounds.
- Defensive Skills and Endurance – The fourth stage is when you start enjoying your workout and it starts to feel little easy as compared to the first day. All thanks to the first week of mobility. This is where you work on your defensive or endurance skills so that you can upgrade your fourth stage to the fifth stage.
- Strength Training – Anybody in the house, especially ladies who feel they’ll get bulky. Trust me, it doesn’t work that way. When you do strength training, you burn extra calories to rebuild muscles. Half an hour strength training is 1000 times better than your 30 minutes of jogging on treadmill. It will improve your posture and your efficiency in any activity you took as an exercise.
IDENTIFY. IMPROVISE.ADEPT. OVERCOME.HUSTLE UP.
This post was brought to you by Surin Sengar, the author of the Fitlete Blog. If you wish to read more articles like this, please visit Surin’s blog on fitleteblog.wordpress.com
I have never waited this eagerly for my salary to get credited. That is because just like my luck, all the money is spent in buying the expensive pre-workouts, with the hope to get bigger and more vitalized. It was good but then pondered if it was that necessary to spend so much on the expensive pre-workouts. On one hand talking about “Gareebi mai gym” and on the other hand buying expensive stuff. There’s a saying that, “Necessity is the mother of inventions” and who other than us can think of easy jugaads to fix things up. By “us” I refer to my fellow Indians.Continue reading “How To Effectively Manage Your Pre-Workout Meals”
Anirudh: Hey Surin!
Surin: Hi buddy! How are you doing?
Anirudh: I’m doing great buddy but need to share this feedback with you!
Surin: Feedback? Okay, tell me
Anirudh: So, I took your challenge and advise to consume healthy food for a month
Surin: Wow, that’s so cool. I must say, that I’m impressed.
Anirudh: No, but my budget has gone for a toss and it’s a huge investment for me. I think, I’ll have to stop this healthy eating!
Surin: Well, eating healthy doesn’t mean, consuming expensive salads and juices. You just need to be creative with your diet chart so that it doesn’t get boring and monotonous.
Keeping this conversation in mind, today I’ll talk about specific foods that are a great bang for your buck. I understand that a good physique is 70% diet, 30% workout and making the right dietary choices will always be 80-90% of your success. The goal is to reshape the way you evaluate good deals – the way you evaluate the 30ml and 60ml. Instead of price per calorie, we’ll be looking at the price per nutrient. We want more nutrients for the least amount of money.
So, here are my top 5 cheap healthy food chart plans:
Vegetables – Green leafy vegetable was never costly and it’s far better than your McDonald’s king size burger. You must calculate the nutrients you’re getting out of that food. For e.g.: Cabbage, broccoli, Spinach, carrots, kale etc. give you the same amount of nutrients compared to your expensive healthy food.
Go Seasonal on Fruits – Without a doubt, fruits are the best source of nutrients and you can save ample on them if you eat seasonal fruits. For e.g. Bananas and grapefruit in winters, blueberries, watermelon in spring and apple, cranberry, carrot, beetroot in autumn. These can be modified according to your taste.
Best source of protein – Sweating out like a meth head but isn’t gaining an inch? Eggs are a great source of protein and can be experimented in varied forms. Other sources of protein are Greek yogurt, oatmeal, muesli, whole milk, dried fruit, sweet potato etc.
Eat Smart – Be smart in your eating. Find your objective. Figure out if your goal is to gain weight, muscle mass or lose weight and accordingly plan your diet. Remember if your goal is to lose weight then most of your nutrients should be coming from fats and proteins and not from carbohydrates. The fancy term is “Paleo diet”.
Buy smart – Another great way to save on some bucks is to buy frozen than fresh. Frozen products allow you to buy in or out of season produce at much lower prices. Buy non-perishable items in bulk whenever a grand sale is on the card.
Do not give up on your goals. I REPEAT DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR GOALS. Hustle Up.
All the sprinters and track-men have a strong core. Have you ever wondered why? Do you think is it because of the number of core exercises they do in the gym or because of their intense training? Well, of course all these are the building blocks of strong abdominal muscles but there is one more exercise which not only strengthens your core but also brings about so many changes in your body. Few are which you can see it for yourself and the others can be felt. The exercise I’m talking about is “Sprint training”. This is the most explosive training one can do. I’m sure that you must be wondering what does explosively has to do with abdominal strength and tone? Let’s first realize that it’s not about putting on your running shoes and doing few laps, but what I’m referring about here, is high intensity. More the intensity in your running, more the involvement of your muscles, such as legs, glutes and of course the core.
Sprinting is one of the most effective and muscle shaping exercise. It is not only making you physically strong but also preparing your mind to be strong as well. It helps in building perseverance and discipline. So, here are my giveaways for one of my favourite exercises.
- Improves overall metabolism – In a very short span of time, sprinting burns a great deal of calories. According to a study, it not only burns your calories but improves your metabolism massively. So, you burn calories even when you’re not sprinting.
- Strength and Power – Sprinting is an anaerobic exercise. Lot of muscles are involved while doing this activity. Thus, helping in not only muscle size gain but also more body power. Which further assists you to lift more weight at the gym. And when you lift more, you eat more. So, all these participatory things give you a precious gift – a good body.
- Mental formidability – As I mentioned in my earlier point that it is a high intensity exercise. So, there will be moments of uncertainty in the middle of your workout that will challenge your ability to finish. It strengthens your mind to push through the uncertainties and break your past records and build the confidence in your emotional and physical abilities.
- Enhances heart life – It also increases your heart health. It is considered to be one of the most intense exercises for the heart. It lowers your blood pressure. Involvement of so many muscles makes your heart pump fast. Which in turn dashes enough oxygen for your heart to pump faster and improve your blood circulation. It reduces chances of heart disease.
- Stress buster – You feel a different sensation altogether, when you eat right and regularly do your exercises. Also, a sprint produces endorphin’s in your brain which are the natural pain-killers giving you a feel-good factor about yourself. It stimulates confidence in your body.
- Muscle building and Fat loss– It is also the best conditioning exercise that can create substantial amount of fat loss as compared to aerobic exercises where you lose body mass. But, if you want to become healthy and want to shred fat with minimal loss of water then you should consider sprint training as your workout twice a week.
Last but not the least, don’t forget to wear the right shoes. Bolt it up!