Cooking and baking are both physical and mental therapy.
My grandfather usually has some really nice, organic lettuces on his little allotment. On top of this, I’ve always wanted to explore recipes that include a good amount of greens. So, one day I challenged my grandmother, and we baked a lettuce cake that turned out pretty tasty! You will find the ingredients you need and the instructions to prepare it down below.
- 300g of lettuce
- 3 eggs
- 200g of brown sugar
- 150ml of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 5 crushed walnuts
- 250g of self-raising flour
- 100g of corn flour
- Cut 300g of lettuce and put it aside
- In a bowl, combine the eggs with 200g of brown sugar
- Add 150ml of olive oil and a tablespoon of honey
- Add 250g of self-raising flour and 100g of corn flour
- Add your crushed walnuts, cinnamon, and the lettuce
- Mix everything all together and bake it in a preheated oven to 180C
It will take about 50 minutes to be ready.